Our main service at the time was distributing food service equipment to the retail grocery industry, primarily in large supermarket chains. Edwards Sales and Distribution sold over 100 different grocery products including:
From Distributor to Manufacturer in the Late 80's and Early 90's
- In 1992 the company's name became Edwards Manufacturing. Edwards Manufacturing produced a complete line of store fixtures and food handling equipment using wood, stainless steel, and aluminium products.
- In 1996, Edwards Manufacturing created a division, Edwards Wholesale, to buy and sell supermarket equipment to secondary wholesale and refurbishing markets.
- In April 1999, Edwards Manufacturing purchased M&H Manufacturing in Alpharetta, Georgia. This acquisition further enhanced the company's wood manufacturing capabilities and provided multiple complementary products for the food retailing industry.
Streamlined via e-CRM (Electronic Customer Relationship Management)
In 2002, EMI partnered with systems integrator Surebridge to install a Siebel e-CRM system, in order to improve communication between employees, partners and customers. This investment:
- Dramatically streamlined the customer ordering, quoting and approval processes.
- Allowed customers to have immediate access to project and service request information, providing rapid issue resolution.
Northeast Expansion Enhances Stainless Steel Manufacturing
In April 2003, EMI acquired All State Fabricators Corporation in Cranston, Rhode Island. This acquisition expanded EMI into the Northeast and further enhanced our manufacturing of stainless steel food service equipment.
EMI obtains a High Quality Custom Stainless Steel Manufacturer
On January 18th, 2005 EMI aquired DAYCO USA, Inc. which is a high quality custom stainless steel manufacturer. DAYCO USA, Inc. has been in the food service industry for over 34 years.
EMI Sets Sights for Texas
On May 4th, 2011, EMI announced that it will open a manufacturing facility and sales office in Arlington, Texas during the summer.
The 66,000 sq ft millwork and architectural woodworking facility will house state of the art CAD/CAM and CNC equipment. Additional capabilities include staining, painting and custom moulding. This new facility will serve EMI’s core food retailers and the general retailing environments.
EMI Announces Marlo Manufacturing Acquisition
In July 1, 2011, EMI acquired Marlo Manufacturing; a 40 year old leading manufacturer of high quality custom stainless steel products for the food service industry located in Boonton, New Jersey.
EMI Industries Today
Today, EMI Industries is a premier provider and engineer of custom point-of-sale and food handling equipment and fixtures for the retailing industry.
By merchandising through innovation, we have become thought-leaders in producing high quality built-to-order products that use quick turnaround manufacturing while offering superior customer service.